SAT II season is here. For the juniors, that is. Not for me, haha. It's interesting to watch them all stress and worry over SAT II's. I took 2 last year and my thinking was "if I do poorly, that's okay" because I didn't choose any schools that required subject tests. I don't think I was very stressed as a junior which you may find odd. Well, of course I was stressed about grades, but I did pretty well on the SAT reasoning in junior year so I wasn't rushing to retake it.
I don't think the SAT's are that important. If you ask me, I'd say grades and the essay is more important than your score on a dumb test. I guess it has some importance to me in the sense that I wouldn't recommend totally bombing it and not caring, but as long as your score is decent, retaking it to get just a little bit better is a waste of money. I guess if you wanted to get into an ivy league school with lots of competition, it'd carry more weight, but then again, I think that ivy league schools are overrated. Yes, some colleges are better than others, but after a certain point, it's just the name that makes one college better than another. Of course that's just my opinion, and I'm sure there are many people out there who would like to argue with me. Although, I guess they need a place to put all the smart people.
But back to my first paragraph... If I think about it, I guess I kinda feel left out.
Friday, May 4, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment