Monday, May 7, 2007

He told me not to cut my hair

I remember reading somewhere that long hair and long fingernails are considered "beatiful", especially in certain cultures like ours. The writer then made the assupmtion that this was the reason for the growth in popularity of hair extensions, artificial nails, and manicures. I personally don't agree with putting fake stuff on me, but I guess I would say it has become popular...

Is there an appeal to long hair? I wondered about this after realizing that many of my guy friends have mentioned at one point or another that they prefer girls with long hair. Being a girl with short hair, this sort of offended me. What's wrong with short hair! It's easier to care for and I never have to deal with tangles.

When my hair was short, many said I looked like a little kid, and I was even told I could pass for a long-haired guy... So does that mean that long hairedness is synonomous to femininity? And so by transitive property, does that mean femininity means beauty?

No comments: